Friday, June 2, 2017

Crochet Flip-Flops

Ok, let me just tell you, I NEVER buy a crochet pattern.  It's a matter of principle for me - I either figure it out myself, or I Google til I find a free version.  But, y'all, I just couldn't help myself this time!  These crochet embellished flip-flops were just calling my name, and I really don't think I could've designed anything as good as these.

As soon as I saw these, I wanted to make them the very same day!  So, on my way home from work, I went to the dollar store to buy a basic pair of black flip-flops.  Nothing fancy, just regular rubber sandals - how easy is that?!?  Conveniently, the dollar store and AC Moore share a parking lot, so I swung in there to get the yarn.  The pattern suggested Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn, which makes sense because they'll dry faster than acrylic yarns like my favorite Red Heart Super Saver if the shoes get wet, so I grabbed a skein of black.  Perhaps black yarn wasn't my smartest choice when trying a new technique, but I really wanted black sandals!  Lol.

The best part about making these flip-flops was that they worked up super quickly!  I had to wait til my boys were both in bed, of course, but once I settled in, I had both sandals done in about an hour.  And that included my slow progress at the beginning, as I got used to the awkwardness of crocheting around the straps ;)  Before I went to bed that night, I had a whole new pair of beautiful sandals, ready for the summer.







No comments:

Post a Comment